Unlike the Starks who fear the advent of winter, I welcome it each year open- heartedly and why not? It is my favorite time of the year after all! I suffer with an OCD when it comes to my liking towards the cold- but hey, it doesn’t go on to define that my nature is so. I’m known to be a pretty warm person (modesty anyone?!)
With the recent reports from the world’s four most important meteorological departments stating that 2014 was by far the hottest year ever recorded here in India, I cannot help but anticipate how much hotter the summer of 2015 might get. If I think about Summer 2014, I am most likely to start perspiring profusely and melt just by the thought of it. I so do not want the cold to pave way for the warm breezes anytime soon.
It’s a little over mid- January and another month before winter bids adieu to all of us here in Hyderabad but the missing has already begun on a personal level. Sigh.The mercury levels have started rising sharply by the day though the nights are still icy cold. Well, seasons don’t change according to my will so I’d rather stop cribbing about it (ok I’m going to cry- not!). Anyways, here are a few of my favorites I indulge in during the cold.
1) Socks – polka dotted, striped, monochrome, ankle-length, knee- length, vibrant or plain- a pair of chic warm socks are all I need for my cold feet all the time- indoors or outdoors.
2) Scarves – They serve 2 major purposes – keep my head warm and at the same time are all the accessorising my winter outfits need. .
3) Coffee – Ever wondered why a mug of hot cocoa or a sizzling hot latte tastes more delicious on frozen mornings and chilly evenings?! I do. And I am grateful for this blessing. ❤
4) Lip balms and moisturisers – I cannot do without them. The dry, cracked skin needs its share of ample care and repair.
5) Sweaters, hoodies, jackets – Let not the freezing cold stop you from being fashionable and stylish!
6) Books – Winter is the perrrfect time to indulge in some reading (and I’m not talking about my course books fgs). I’m an avid reader and winters somehow set the cosy ambience I need for reading and falling asleep as I do. Pillow. Blanket. Coffee. Book. Check!
7) Short days and long nights – Cosiest sleep under my blanket. Winters are THE best times to catch on those extra zzzzzzzs, isn’t it? 😀
8) The beautiful night sky in winters is unexplainable. Really ya!
9) Ice- cream and BBQed food – A bowl of vanilla ice-cream compliments the dropping mercury surprisingly well! Who needs a reason and a season to enjoy good food? (Not me).
10) Last but not the least – The Snow – Although it never snows in Hyderabad, I really wish I could build an Olaf for myself. 😦
So here was a little list of my winter favorites. Winters are special to me for a lot of reasons unkown to me – I can’t really come to a conclusion as to why I love this frozen period so much but I sure as hell enjoy it to the T. I think I will go catch on my zzzzzzs now as it has been a long and a tiring day with my course books (please wish me luck for my exams). And oh- Have a happy winter folks!
To infinity and back,