It’s 2015. YES! The past week a lot of you have been ringing in on the New Year celebrations and resolutions except me – the reason being me running a marathon of examinations.And as i rant about my super boring exam schedules, I realize that I haven’t officially wished you all yet(which I should have done in the previous post). Many apologies folks. So yes: I deeply wish that all of us are blessed with a promising and a larger-than-life 2015. And a year worth cherishing for all of the days to come.
After the official ‘wishing, it’s now time for the annual,mandatory and the fun part- ‘resolution-making’. Now now,we very well know how good we are at keeping our resolutions.But we still do make them,don’t we? And we should. It lets us reflect on our past short-comings,our achievements, things we should have done, things we should not have done, regrets, pleasures – everything.
Here’s a quick mix of things that I think we all should make an effort to do in 2015.
- Begin with a handful of short-term, attainable goals. And take steady, consistent steps towards them. You’re no super hero. So don’t hasten or give up too soon. The fruits of patience are the ripest.
- Live healthy! Sleep well. Eat well (No starving. Just stay fit). Look good=Feel good!
- Why so serious?! Smile. Learn to laugh at yourself and be positive. A smile a day keeps those wrinkles away.
- PRAY. PRAY. PRAY. A LOT (Not just when you need something but to thank the Creator for blessing you with things someone somewhere else is waiting and craving for).
- Enjoy the little things. An early morning jog, a dance in the rain, croon to the melodies you love, fall down, get back up, victory dance on acing your test, root for your favorite team, cuddle your pets, share hugs and sleep your worries away.
- No more waiting. Do what makes you happy (probably the most cliched one). Just Do It. (No I’m not promoting Nike).
- Do charity, even if little.Remember, quality supersedes quantity.You might just become a hero in someone’s life. Don’t underestimate kindness and compassion.
- Amendments! Forgive those friends and relatives for letting you down. Apologise where you should. Release that negativity. ‘Cause grudges are toxic to your own mental health.
- Learn something new. (Baking is on my list this year, what’s on yours?!).
- Family >>> World! ALWAYS! There will be times in ALL our lives(with no exceptions whatsoever) when nobody will stand by you except the parents who gave you life and the siblings you are related by blood with. So make it a point to spend more time with them. And put your cell phone/tablet/ laptop away while you do so.
Ultimately, make 2015 one of the most brightest years of your life. Because,
“It’s not the years in your life that count, but the ‘life’ in your years that does.”
To infinity and back,